Monday, November 5, 2012

Meet the Board: Joanna Turnbull


For the next couple of weeks, we'll be introducing (or re-introducing) the members of the OBCLAA's 2012-2013 Board. We're hoping that this will give you some insight into who's leading the OBCLAA and where we hope to take the Association over the next year. As always, if one of these bios gives you an idea for how YOU can get involved, don't hesitate to post a reply or contact individual Board members. Enjoy!

Today we'll be meeting Joanna Turnbull, our Student Affairs Committee Chairman, and one of the newest additions to the California Bar (and to the Board). Welcome, Joanna!

My name is Joanna Turnbull, and I’m from a little town called Feilding in New Zealand (yes, LOTR was filmed here and no, we don’t have kangaroos)! I had always hoped to study law, and Oak Brook gave me the opportunity to begin my law degree with an international flavor after graduating early from high school. Oak Brook provided me with a solid legal education, grounded a Christian worldview, which prepared and enabled me to sit and pass the California Bar Exam—one of the toughest bar exams in the USA, if not the world. Through the juris doctor program, I was blessed with Godly faculty and friends and had so many amazing experiences and opportunities that I would not otherwise have had at other law schools.

I am honored and excited to be serving on the OBCL Alumni Association Board this year as Chairman of the Student Affairs Committee. I hope to use this position, in conjunction with my role as an OBCL teaching assistant, to promote various projects beneficial to current Oak Brook students, ensuring they receive the relevant support, assistance, encouragement and resources they need to succeed well in their studious endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment