Monday, October 29, 2012

Meet the Board: Caleb Harlin

For the next couple of weeks, we'll be introducing (or re-introducing) the members of the OBCLAA's 2012-2013 Board. We're hoping that this will give you some insight into who's leading the OBCLAA and where we hope to take the Association over the next year. As always, if one of these bios gives you an idea for how YOU can get involved, don't hesitate to post a reply or contact individual Board members. Enjoy!

Today we'll be meeting Caleb Harlin, the Chairman of the National Association & Accreditation Committee. Caleb is continuing in this position after doing some impressive work in his 2011-2012 spearheading the research behind our interactive map of State Bar Rules. Thanks, Caleb!

My name is Caleb Harlin and I currently reside in Oklahoma.  I attended Oak Brook College of Law and graduated cum laude in 2009.  Following my graduation, I passed the California bar exam and was sworn in as an attorney in June of 2010.  Since that time, I have been actively practicing law in the areas of personal injury, business law, and civil litigation.  Due to my desire to practice law in Oklahoma, I have gone back to law school and am currently studying at the Oklahoma City University School of Law with the goal of setting up my own law practice in Oklahoma in the areas of personal injury, business law, civil litigation, and estate planning, with a focus on offering counsel to clients for more than simply legal needs.  In the meantime, I do contract research and writing for several law firms of various sizes.  I enjoy running and cycling, playing chess, and performing music on the piano and violin.  

My time at Oak Brook was very valuable in many ways.  First, it enabled me to study the law from a principled, Christian perspective.  Second, the flexibility of its method of study allowed me to invest a great deal of time in my family during my years in law school.  Third, it was affordable.  Finally, it adequately prepared me to pass the bar and ultimately to be successful in actual legal practice.  

1 comment:

  1. Great map! I've used it several times already. Thanks for the research, Caleb!

    ReplyDelete