Monday, October 19, 2009

Fear Not

Toward the end of last year, an opportunity arose to become part of a research and lecture team made up of lawyers and law students and led by a professor associated with Oak Brook College of Law. The purpose of this team was and is to confront our culture regarding the danger of evolutionary thought through a discussion of the 1925 Scopes Trial.

Initially, I joined this team because I love history and research, not so much out of a desire to do much lecturing. After all, I told myself that “I am a horrible public speaker.”

As has frequently happened in my life, God had a bigger reason for this step in my life. As I started my research, God began to give me a strong desire to share this message.

And once again, He reminded me of His conversation with Moses in Exodus 4:10-12. “And Moses said unto the Lord, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue. And the Lord said unto him, Who hath made man’s mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the Lord? Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.”

Who am I to say “I can’t” when God has said “go, and I will teach you what to say”? Lord, give me the strength and the courage to share your message because it’s not about me, it’s about YOU.

For more information about our team or the Scopes Trial Lecture, feel free to contact me at anita.paulsson@gmail.com or Professor Caprera at robcaprera@aol.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment